The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality has a robust Investment Incentives Policy which was approved by Council on 2 October 2020.
This policy focuses on attracting medium-to-large business investment to Nelson Mandela Bay from established local businesses looking to expand their local operations as well as business investors that are new to the metro.
Through the Investment Incentives Policy framework, the NMBM can offer the following financial incentives to qualifying businesses:
1) Discounts on NMBM rates and services;
2) Rebates on industrial/commercial property development costs (i.e. cost of building plan approval, rezoning costs, connection fees);
3) Discounts on the purchase/rental of NMBM land & buildings;
4) Rental subsidisation for private land & buildings; and the
5) Co-financing of feasibility studies and business plan development
If you would like to learn more about the incentives available to your business, the application process or qualifying criteria, please contact NMBM Trade & Investment.
Liaison: Mr Jeremy Dobbin
Assistant Director: General Manufacturing & Renewable Industries
Office: 041 503 7561
The attached presentation – intended for a business audience – provides a brief overview of the incentives framework, but further information is available in the detailed Investment Incentives Policy available on the municipality’s website. (should you wish for a copy of this presentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org